Installing a widget on a website on a WordPress CMS is possible in two ways using a plugin (an easy way) and manually (not recommended). Let's look at the first one.
- Download and activate the Wheel of Fortune by WP x NextWeb plugin.
- It can be downloaded from the WordPress repository: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wheel-of-fortune-by-ywp/.
- Or from the open GitHub repository: https://github.com/nextweb-fi/wheel-of-fortune-wordpress-plugin.
- Inside, specify the ID of your widget, which you will receive when creating the widget on wheelwidget.com
- Using the plugin settings, specify the pages on which the widget should be displayed and should not be displayed.
Ready! Now you can manage the appearance of your widget through your admin panel, and you can configure and track the effectiveness on wheelwidget.com .
If you're using WordPress to build your website and want to add the WheelWidget script to it, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to the page or post where you want to add the WheelWidget script.
- Click on the "Text" tab in the top right corner of the editor to switch to the text editor.
- In the text editor, paste the following code where you want the widget to appear:
<script src="https://files.wheelwidget.com/wheel-widget.umd.js" async defer></script><wheel-widget id="YOUR_ID"></wheel-widget>
Make sure to replace
"YOUR_ID" with your actual widget ID, which you can find in the admin panel of your WheelWidget account.
- Click on the "Visual" tab to switch back to the visual editor.
- Save or publish your changes.
That's it! The WheelWidget script should now be installed on your WordPress website. If you encounter any issues or have any questions, feel free to contact us.
We hope this instruction was helpful in adding the WheelWidget script to your WordPress website. If you have any feedback or suggestions, please let us know.
This instruction didn't help me
Our support & Q team email